Wednesday

TWO TIMELY TABLES

Welcome to my contribution to Susan from Between Naps on the Porch and her Tablescape Thursday. Please visit her to see all the beautiful and creative settings. I am sharing the tablescapes I used on my dining room table and smaller casual table for our house tour this past Sunday.



For the back of my dining chairs I chose just a simple gold mesh bow with cherries.


Red tasseled runners spanned across the table.


Santa, sitting atop his reindeer was the focal point. Gold sprays, faux cherries, red votives lined with gold, mat white ornaments, a single large gold candle stick which held a white and gold pillar, and small green trees added a variety of height, texture, and color.






Two square vases held red and llime green sparkle filler and provided real excitement to the setting.


For my place setting I used gold chargers, white china, and flatware edged with gold. Gold mesh bows were tied around the red linen napkins making them look like little gifts waiting to be opened. I elevated them on the cup and saucer.







Santa - HomeGoods



White ornaments - Martha Stewart



Gold sprays and cherries - Michael's



Gold and white candle - HomeGoods


Red linens - HomeGoods


Red and green filler - All About Home


China - Azberg from Germany


Flatware - Wallace


Gold chargers and votives - Target



Now we will move on the our more casual table set just for the two. A black linen cloth covers this table. Can you see Santa peeking from the back of the chair? He looks like he is waiting for a hot breakfast. We have enjoyed these two chair covers for several years.



Red chargers held a large black plate and a smaller holiday scene salad plate.
The flatware has an off-white handle and compliments the soft white in the smaller plate. Two napkins, one red and one off-white, were folded together and tied with a black and white polka-dot ribbon and a red jingle bell. Red goblets were accented with napkin rings.



Since this table is rather small, the final embellishments were a white candle, a glass cylinder filled with the same lime green and red filler like the dining table, and a white bottle brush tree.







Black tablecloth - I have had for several years.



Red chargers - Target


Black plates - Jennifer Farrell, Black from Deals


Accent plate - Royal Stafford from HomeGoods


Flatware - Target


Napkin rings on glasses - HomeGoods

Thank you for stopping by for a short visit. Thanks again to Pat from Back Porch Musings for the photography assistance. She is always ready and willing to help.



Have a Blessed Christmas.



Charla

39 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Both tables are beautiful, Charla. I love those black and white, with red accent salad plates! I saw some, on a blog the other day, from Johnson Bros. Black and white with a little red school house. I thought of you, when I saw them. I can't remember the blog, though!

I am awake in the wee small hours, because we are going to the lake today. Just a quick down and back trip. Haven't been since October. Our deck was stained last month, so we need to check that out and just do a general check up.

Merry Christmas!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

A double bonus! Not just one table, but two. Both are wonderful.
I love how you used 2 tablerunners to make placemats and your santa on the reindeer is a perfect focal point! Beautiful!
The black and red table is gorgeous. I love the plates! Also it was very creative to use 2 napkins and they were so beautifully presented.
Lovely and festive, both!
Merry Christmas.
Yvonne

Raggedy Kingdom said...

Love the tablescape. Red & Black are my favorites. Sheila at Raggedy Kingdom.

Mrs. P. said...

Great tables! I love the red and black combination. So rich!!

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Mimi said...

Both tables are beautiful, but...oh, the red and black is my favorite! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Melody said...

What beautiful tables. Those black and white plates are great.

Shelia said...

Hi Charla! Oh, what lovely tables you've set! I think I'm a little partial to the last one. I love those pretty dishes! Isn't Pat the sweetest to take those lovely pictures of you!
Thanks for popping in to see me!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Beautiful tables. Love the net bows on the chairs, and those accent plates on the casual table are so pretty. Have a wonderful Christmas. laurie

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Both tables look great! I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for your sweet note too.

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

So pretty! I love all the lovely details.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh how pretty -- both settings. I'm loving the chair backs I'm seeing decorated all across blogland. And I'm falling in love with everyone's Christmas dishes too! But I've already got two sets and some other pieces as well -- so I'll just enjoy from afar.

Ramona said...

Absolutely gorgeous. So elegant and inviting...well done! Your home is beautiful...I can really feel the love and attention you have given to the details.

Merry Christmas!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Andrea said...

The tables are so pretty! Thanks for stopping by ! Merry Christmas! Andrea

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Charla! What beautiful tablescapes. The black and red is so unusual! Both are just gorgeous! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!...Debbie

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Good morning Charla, your tables are beautiful. I especially like your plates from Home Goods. It's probably a good thing we don't have one of those close by..lol. That Pat is a jewel.. she does a wonderful job of photo shooting your beautiful tables... At least we have sun on this side of the state today. I "had" to get out and do some grocery shopping, winds are starting to pick up and the temps are starting to drop.. it's suppose to get "cold" once again. With the snow we have on the ground it's going to seem even colder.. Stay warm and safe my friend.. hugs ~lynne~

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

So very pretty! i like how you used to two table runners. I have seen this on a large rectangular table but it looks really cute on a round one as well! I love the gold mesh ribbon. I find that that ribbon is the easiest to manipulate!

gina said...

Just now got a chance to look at all of this.....just gorgeous!! I loved those plates on the black table!! I need to head to Dillards and see how marked down my Friendly Village/Johnson Bros. is. Knowing me I'm a day late and a dollar short!! Well done, girl! love, gina

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You are such a blessing.. Happy New Year my friend..hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

It agree, rather useful phrase

Its So Very Cheri said...

I love both sets of dishes but the black I am just crazy about

Cheri

免費成人卡通色情漫畫 said...

涼宮春日的憂鬱 -
情色成人小說 -
嘟嘟情色成人 -
台灣情色成人網 -
3d 動畫美女遊戲 -
情色成人影片 -
涼宮春日 h -
情色成人影音 -
網路美女照片 -
涼宮春日小說 -
美女交友 msn -
涼宮春日小說 bt -
18情色成人網 -
明星性愛裸照 -
中國性愛城 bt 區 -
免費視訊美女 -
涼宮春日的激奏 -
18禁情色成人影音 -
1中華性愛 -
情色成人短片 -
中國性愛城 bt -
中國性愛城 -
性愛圖貼 -
免費視訊美女影音觀賞 -
人妖性愛 -
性愛真諦 -
色 色 視訊網 -
免費情色成人圖片 -
bbs性愛網站 -
台灣視訊美女專區 -

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What sweet Christmas dishes! Adorable! The decorations on the chair backs is just so cute! I have just recently noticed how many are decorating the chair backs and I love it. My daughter did it this past summer for a baby shower and for a wedding shower I think..so cute. Yours with the cherries was the cutest yet!
Everything was beautifully done! I love it!
Mona

Anonymous said...

There are also other lacks


There is a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you Hot Health

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Those are lovely table settings that you did. One thing that was especially lovely was the bows on the chairs! Linda

Jessica said...

I wanted to thank you for visiting my little tablescape ( last week ) sorry for the late response.

I just love your table settings. Just beautiful.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Just popping over to say a big "hello".. hope all is well on your side of the state. The last few days have sure help melt the snow around here. I've been doing some "major" cleaning around here,so I must get back at it.. hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I like to read articles like this. By the way add more pics :)

pk @ Room Remix said...

You did a beautiful job with these tablescapes. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're having a great week!

kanishk said...

Both tables are beautiful
free classified india

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

The tables look great and I really enjoyed your music too. 5 stars!

Karena said...

Beautiful tablescapes!! Adore your site!

I have a Giveaway from the French Basketeer I think you will love!

Karena
Art by Karena

Farmgirl Paints said...

beautiful tablescape...so not my thing. you did it well:)

opuj74d said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Anonymous said...

прикольно действительно ОДНАКО значение этого чуда [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-derevyannom-stroitelstve/107-2012-11-13-09-09-07.html]строительные порталы екатеринбурга[/url]

Anonymous said...

интим досуг метро речной вокзал

в [url=http://goooogl]Gooogle[/url] секс знакомства вконтакте Шацк
санкт петербург интим знакомства memberlist

Anonymous said...

Hello, I want to subscribe for this web site to take most up-to-date updates, thus where can i do it
please assist.
Also visit my web blog :: windows xp registry cleaner

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the other
person's web site link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar for you.

Look into my web blog :: read on

Anonymous said...

buy propecia online is buying propecia online real - reliable generic propecia